To make French fries, you will need:
- 4 large russet potatoes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into French fries with a French Fry cutter.
- Soak the sliced potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Drain the potatoes and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a deep pot or a deep fryer to 375°F.
- Fry the potatoes in small batches until they are golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the fries from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat the frying process with the remaining potatoes.
- Season the fries with salt while they are still hot.
Enjoy your French fries! Serve them with your favorite sauce.