There are many movies about restaurants and chefs, here are some popular examples:
- Chef (2014): This comedy-drama follows a professional chef who quits his job to start a food truck business, rekindling his love for cooking and bonding with his family along the way.
- Ratatouille (2007): This animated film follows a rat named Remy who dreams of becoming a chef and teams up with a human chef to make his dreams come true.
- Burnt (2015): This drama follows a troubled chef who seeks redemption by attempting to gain three Michelin stars for his restaurant.
- Julie & Julia (2009): This biographical comedy-drama tells the story of Julia Child’s early culinary career and her later years in which she wrote a cookbook, as well as the story of a young woman who decides to cook all 524 recipes in the book.
- The Hundred-Foot Journey (2014): This drama follows an Indian family that opens a restaurant in a small village in France and must contend with a nearby Michelin-starred French restaurant.
- Big Night (1996): This comedy-drama follows two Italian immigrant brothers who own a failing restaurant and decide to prepare an elaborate feast in hopes of saving their business.