To make hard candy, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- food coloring (optional)
- flavor extract (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cook the mixture over high heat without stirring until it reaches 300°F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove the pan from heat and add food coloring and flavor extract if desired. Stir quickly to combine.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and let it cool.
- Once the candy has cooled and hardened, break it into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Enjoy your homemade hard candy!