Moroccan Camel Tagine:
- 2 lbs camel meat, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup green olives
- Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed pan or tagine over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots, and celery and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the camel meat to the pan and brown on all sides.
- Stir in the chickpeas, tomato paste, paprika, cumin, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 2 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Stir in the green olives and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
Enjoy your traditional Moroccan Camel Tagine!