Cuban cuisine is a unique blend of African, Spanish, and Caribbean flavors, creating dishes that are hearty, flavorful, and often spicy. Some of the most popular Cuban dishes include:
- Ropa Vieja: Shredded beef stewed with peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
- Mojo Pork: Slow-roasted pork shoulder marinated in a tangy citrus sauce.
- Arroz Con Pollo: Chicken and rice dish cooked with a mix of seasonings and vegetables, such as peppers, onions, and olives.
- Black Beans and Rice: A staple of Cuban cuisine, made with black beans slow-cooked with spices and served over white rice.
- Empanadas: Pastry filled with meat, cheese, or vegetables, fried or baked.
- Tostones: Fried plantain slices, often served as a side dish or with dipping sauce.
Cuban food is often accompanied by fresh bread, plantains, and a variety of tropical fruits. Cuban coffee, known for its strong flavor and sweetened with sugar, is a popular beverage. Overall, Cuban cuisine is hearty, flavorful, and a celebration of the country’s rich cultural heritage.