Here’s a classic deviled egg recipe:
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, for garnish
- Place the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and add enough water to cover them by about an inch.
- Place the saucepan over high heat and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, remove the saucepan from heat, cover it, and let the eggs sit for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and place them in a small bowl.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg white halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious deviled eggs!