Here is a recipe for making a homemade version of Taco Bell’s red sauce:
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cook the sauce, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until it has thickened slightly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the sauce cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl or an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
This recipe makes about 1 cup of sauce, which can be used as a condiment for tacos, burritos, or any other Mexican-inspired dish. Enjoy!