Fruit Clafoutis Recipe:
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fresh fruit (such as cherries, berries, sliced peaches, or plums)
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) round or square baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the milk, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, salt, and all-purpose flour. Blend the mixture until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour a thin layer of the batter (about 1/4 inch) into the greased baking dish. Transfer the dish to the preheated oven and bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the batter is slightly set but still soft.
- Remove the dish from the oven and evenly distribute the fresh fruit over the partially set batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over the fruit, covering it completely.
- Sprinkle the top of the clafoutis with the remaining 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 35-45 minutes, or until the clafoutis is puffed, golden brown, and set in the center.
- Allow the clafoutis to cool slightly before dusting it with powdered sugar.
- Serve the fruit clafoutis warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges or squares.
Enjoy this classic French dessert that combines the velvety texture of baked custard with the delightful burst of flavor from your favorite seasonal fruits. Perfect for a cozy gathering or a special treat, this fruit clafoutis recipe is sure to impress and delight your taste buds.