Here is a simple and delicious recipe for Baba Ganoush:
- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Paprika, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, cut-side down.
- Roast the eggplants in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until they are soft and the skin is slightly charred.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven and let them cool.
- Once the eggplants are cool, scoop out the flesh into a bowl and discard the skin.
- Add the tahini, lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Using a food processor or a fork, mash the eggplant mixture until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary.
- Transfer the Baba Ganoush to a serving dish and smooth out the surface.
- Sprinkle paprika and chopped parsley on top and drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired.
- Serve the Baba Ganoush with pita bread, vegetables, or crackers for dipping.
Enjoy your homemade Baba Ganoush! The smoky, creamy, and tangy flavor of this Middle Eastern dip is sure to impress.