Here is a classic recipe for Caesar dressing:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, anchovy fillets, egg yolk, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard.
- Gradually add the mayonnaise while whisking continuously, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate the dressing for at least 30 minutes before using, to allow the flavors to develop.
To make this salad in an elegant way, try serving the dressing in a glass cruet. Simply pour the dressing into the cruet and place it on a platter with a bowl of freshly-made Caesar salad, cherry tomatoes, and croutons. You can also serve it on the side, allowing your guests to drizzle the dressing over their salads as desired. This presentation not only adds a touch of elegance to your meal, but it also makes it easier for your guests to serve themselves without making a mess.
Enjoy your homemade Caesar dressing! Whether you’re serving it as a classic salad or using it as a dip, this dressing is sure to impress.