Here is a recipe for a delicious deep-dish pizza:
- For the crust:
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water
- For the toppings:
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Your favorite toppings (such as sausage, pepperoni, onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc.)
- To make the crust: In a large bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, and warm water. Stir until the yeast is dissolved and let sit for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is frothy.
- Add the flour, salt, cornmeal, olive oil, and warm water to the bowl with the yeast mixture and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 8-10 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Grease a 9-inch deep-dish pizza pan with olive oil.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into a circle that is about 1/4 inch thick and slightly larger than the pizza pan.
- Place the dough in the greased pizza pan and press it up the sides of the pan to form a crust.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
- Add your favorite toppings.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your deep-dish pizza! This classic Chicago-style pizza is sure to impress with its thick, crispy crust and gooey melted cheese. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your toppings and make it your own!