Here’s a simple recipe for making caramel apples at home:
- 6 apples
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Popsicle sticks
- Wash and dry the apples thoroughly. Insert a popsicle stick into the stem end of each apple.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until it melts and turns amber in color.
- Add the butter to the sugar, stirring until it melts and the mixture is well combined.
- Slowly pour in the heavy cream, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the caramel from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Dip each apple into the caramel, turning it to coat it completely. Hold the apple over the pot to allow any excess caramel to drip off.
- Place the caramel apples on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and allow them to cool and set for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Optional: You can also drizzle melted chocolate or sprinkle chopped nuts over the caramel coating for added flavor and texture.
Enjoy your homemade caramel apples as a sweet and delicious treat!